Monday, January 12, 2009

Bhaktapur!

I am finally in Nepal! What a journey it was to get here! God was so faithful to me during my travels! LA was a joke in its self! I got so lost in that airport! I am not looking forward to navigating through it again in four months! On the way here, I met a beautiful Nepali woman and her 2 year old. We took turns babysitting and watching bags during our 11 hour layover in Hong Kong. She was so helpful and such an answer to my prayers! Everything is going very well. The children are unbelievable precious. They cook, clean and dress themselves. It's so interesting watching them interact and how well they take care of themselves! I attempted to help them with school homework yesterday. I was quickly humbled by chemistry! Should of taken that class in Highschool! The food here is AWESOME! Lots of variety in vegetables, not too much rice which is great! We have milk tea about 4 times a day. I love the tea! It's freezing here so the tea really helps warm me up on the inside! Yesterday we went to on a "house visit". It was so amazing! We walked for about 20 minutes and journeyed into a home of one of the sisters. In the small two room house, we sat on beds used as couches and sipped tea. Pastor began to bang on a strange looking drum and wow...those women started singing praises like I have never heard!!! Two of the ladies have been HEALED from uterine (sp) cancer!!! It's amazing to look in the faces of these beautiful ladies and see the love they have for Jesus! He healed them and they are crazy about telling people about Him!! It's AWESOME! I was again humbled as I watched them belting out praises! They are so thankful for their health and their few possesions! I am totally loving it here! It's so nice that there is a small internet cafe only a few blocks aways so I can call Ben and home. I look forward to letting you know more details as the days fly by! Don't know how to get pictures on here since the photos are on my personal computer which can't get hooked up to the internet because the phone cords are different here. Thank you all so much for your prayers!! I am missing you all so much and remembering you in my prayers!!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing K! Isn't it amazing and surreal to see women on the other side of the world who live in much different circumstances, and yet have a deep lovesickness with the same amazing God we serve in our American cushy comfort?! That's cool they've been miraculously healed and love to share their testimonies. Glad you're enjoying the food and tea too. Stay warm and know you are covered in prayer and love. -- lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just discovered that when I have been on your blog, it has somehow been logged in as you. Maybe you logged in while you were at our place before you left? Anyway, we normally don't turn off the computer and I think it has just stayed logged in as you. Strange. Anyway, I logged out and re-logged in as me. Sorry, hope that didn't mess you up somehow. Now it should say "Taskerud said..." instead of "Kelita said..." LOL! Lovin' the BLOG - hope you can post pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sis, I am so glad you are loving it there!! I am missing your guidance and council today and feeling extremely overwhelmed for some strange reason. God is so good and has really helped me though. It makes me happy just to know you are enjoying it there!! Love always,
    Cassia

    ReplyDelete