Thursday, April 23, 2009

See you state side!

This could very easily be my last blog while in Nepal. I have 2 weeks & 4 days, and I couldn't possibly be filled with more emotions! As you can imagine, I am thrilled to see my Ben, my family and the many friends who have spent numerous hours in prayer for me. But, I am also filled with pain as I look into the eyes of these beautiful children as they ask me, "Kelitaunty, when are you and Ben going to come to Nepal?" It's painful as I think about the cost of the ticket to come here, the crazy economy back home...but then I am reminded that I serve a big God who got me here once and I am not going to assume His arm is too short to let me come here again.
Easter was a wonderful and humbling experience. Easter is a really really big deal here and I love it because it really should be! On Good Friday, we had a church service/prayer meeting. Saturday is like our Sunday so we had a long church service which was ended with The Jesus Film. I cried eventho the affects were lame compared to The Passion of The Christ...It always hits me how He saved us. On Sunday, we woke up at 4 AM and had worship, prayer and chiyah(tea) for about two hours. We then headed out to meet the other 38-40 churches for as huge rally. The kids faught over the hundreds of signs which proclaimed in Nepali and English multiple phrases we all associate with Easter. We marched through the city proclaiming that our king is alive for about 3 hours. It was awesome! We marched through Hindu temples and claimed them in the name of Jesus. The marching ended at the largest Hindu temple in Bhaktapur where a few pastors shared something about Easter which I couldn't understand. I climbed up on the top level of the temple so I could observe all the people the Lord has touched. It was a rewarding experience and I look forward to hearing about more numbers next year!
The kids are on school break, which is like our summer break but it's only for 2 weeks. We got to go to the Botanical garden and share a feast together. I love going places with all the children because it doesn't happen much and they are always so fun to be with. We played cards and bad mitten all day. The weather was hot and beautiful!
April 14th was Nepali New Year (2066) and Sony (the pastors wife's) birthday. We had a fun time celebrating her but were also praying a lot for Nepal. During New Year, Hindus have quite a busy schedule with all the festivals. Their festivals claim many lives as they are very dangerous. I will show you photos and explain more when I am home.
Today we are going to the Kathmandu zoo and a new museum. I am so excited to go have another fun day with all the kids.
Yesterday was Bible study and it really hit me that I am leaving soon. I was sitting there looking at all the beautiful people God put in my life and it's painful to know I am going to be so far away from them. I am reminded of one of the many benefits of being a believer; that I will one day see all these people again!
I'm not really sure what these next 19 day will look like. Most likely same schedule of morning prayer and house fellowship. Sony and David have been wanting to take me to some last touristy places so that has been nice. I am so sorry that I can't figure out how to put pictures on here. The internet connection is really slow so each time I try, it always fails loading. I am planning on scrap booking and documenting everything so I can sit down with you and walk through this awesome adventure. I am leaving Nepal on May 12th. Please pray for me as I am a bit weary about LA's airport :-) More importantly then my fear of the airport, please pray for the process of good byes. Many times it seems like there is a bit of anger and frustration expressed from the people here at the fact that they don't have the sufficient funds to travel oversees and see me. Sometimes they seem a bit hopeless and fear that they won't see me again. I am praying that our time apart won't be long and that my teaching them about Skype will help us stay connected. I wish each one of you could meet the people here!
Well, we are about to pack up and head out. Can't believe this could be the last blog. What an incredible blessing this adventure has been for me! I pray each one of you gets to experience such a dramatic experience in your life. Most of all, I pray that we can each grow in love regardless of how "adventurous" our lives are! We serve an incredible faithful God and I am so blessed to serve Him along side each of you! Thank you again and again for all your prayers and encouragement! I love you all! See you state side!!!!

1 comment:

  1. K,
    Sad to think you have said you "good-byes" and are leaving your Nepali "family." Although we are so excited to have you back stateside, my heart aches knowing you are so torn. I hope you and Ben have a great time in Denver and it will be great to get hugs from your family. I can't wait until we can spend some quality time when we can look through your photos, look into your eyes/tears and hear what God did in your heart! Love you and miss you K! Talk/hug soon!

    ReplyDelete