Sunday, March 8, 2009

Finally back to the world of the internet!!

Hello everyone! First of all, thank you so much for standing ground in the watch tower of prayer for me. I am praying that each of you who have spoken a prayer on my behalf are blessed a hundred fold.
I apologize that I was not able to keep you all more informed while I was in Nepalgunj. There was little Internet access and little time to get on here and write. I will do my best to try to fill you in on what the Lord did.
Nepalgunj is city located on the border of India. It is much different then Bhaktapur because of all the Indian and Muslim culture. It is also much hotter and infested with all our favorite jungle bugs, especially the mosquito. Nepalgunj is located on the western side of Nepal which has the most unreached people.
The church there is doing amazing things and growing rapidly! The believers here are full hearted and are literally giving their lives for the gospel. Some are even following Jesus to the extent that they have left their children to go and minister to the most remote, unreached people. The children are left in good hands since this church is so much like the church of Antioch and so much a family.
Most of my time there was spent alone, in the quiet place with Jesus. I can't even begin to bring you into the moments I had with Jesus and the beautiful depths He took my heart. I am praying He is doing the same for you! The pastor and his wife were really busy so they did their best to get to know me and take me with them where ever they went. We went on a a few excursions into the heart of Nepal to encourage some of the churches and believers peppered throughout the land. It was an epic experience each time I met a new pastor and saw his heart for his sheep. Oh what beautiful, untainted hearts they have! The church in Nepalgunj has over 400 members and grows about 5-15 more people each week. Their church building is about 100 people too small so they are earnestly praying for a new building. It's a wonderful burden to stand beside them during church and see that there is simply no more room for all their believers. In addition to this, there are 100 sister churches throughout the region which are also rapidly growing. When one person gets saved, the whole village sees the dramatic transformation and usually are eager to accept and serve Jesus. It's awesome and something I wish everyone could see!
The pastors second son is in his third year of Medical school in China. He comes home only once a year and it just so happened he was there while I was. Myself and about 6 other people loaded into a jeep and drove to some remote villages to use Prokash's medical skills. The health camps were and unbelievable experience. People walked for hours to come and get help. There was so much pain, sickness and disease. Jesus was with us, walking among the crowds as they waited their turns to be seen. My heart broke for each one of them as I saw hopelessness and agony on their faces. We only had five different types of medicine to give. We believe that God is going to increase the medicine given and supernaturally heal all who partake of His goodness. I look forward to hearing more reports of healings! These medical camps inspired me even more to become a nurse. I felt helpless number one because I can't speak their language but also that I couldn't give them any diagnosis. I was reminded that there is no need for any knowledge other then that of Jesus Christ and I believe my prayers were and are being answered!
The best part of Nepalgunj was Pratima. She is the pastors oldest sons daughter. She is my age and just married into the family last February. I have never connected with someone in the way I connected with her. We spent most of our time in prayer and always talking about Jesus. Her heart for Jesus and her willingness to serve Him no matter the circumstance was so inspiring. It was so hard leaving her! I look forward to seeing her again because I know that our friendship will be even stronger because it was so built on the Rock! I pray that each of one you has a friend like Pratima! Someone to pray with you, and to inspire you to run the race with perseverance. Also, I pray that we can each be a Pratima to those around us!
So much happened in these past 4 weeks and I look forward to sharing pictures and more stories with each of you!
I am now in Bhaktapur where I originally was. It's so good to be back with all the smiling children and the busy house. I missed them a lot! I am here for two more months! So crazy that it's already been two months. It's such a bitter-sweet feeling...I am so excited to go home, get married, grow more in the Lord, spend the summer with my family, etc...But I am also so grieved to think I will be so far away from this family. Oh Nepal is so special to my heart! I pray that each one of you has a country or a place or a people group that God lays on your heart. There is something so powerful about praying for a people you don't even know and then getting to know them. I am praying that each one of you experiences a holy stubbornness for advancing His kingdom. That nothing will be in the way of your pursuit of your first love. That you will sacrifice for the sake of His gospel and that on that day when we look into His face that we will know Him! Oh that we would be a people who earnestly seek Him, that give ever effort and all our energy to see His lost sheep returned. Thank you so much for standing with me during this season of growth. Words will never be enough! I am praying for each one of you and look forward to seeing you soon! I love you all very much!

2 comments:

  1. Powerful testimony K! So awesome to hear how God is preparing His bride around the world. What an amazing thing to get to experience and I appreciate the beautiful way you express yourself. It's evident you've been "soaking" and enjoying intimacy with Him!

    I cannot wait to see the amazing photos that I'm sure you are taking. I'd love to plan an evening where you show your pix and we can hear more about your trip when you're back! Hope to talk soon. Blessings.

    FYI - He's working miracles on this side of the world as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear sweet Kelita~
    I was so blessed to read what you wrote. I am thankful that this time is such a growing experience in your life. I continue to think about and pray for you and Ben.
    Love you honey :-)

    ReplyDelete